Grant County South Dakota

Grant County Court House
210 E 5th Ave
Milbank, South Dakota
Milbank Housing Authority
Phone:Office 605-692-1670 ext 1

Providing Rental Assistance to Individuals and Families in Grant County

The Milbank Housing Authority provides assistance to people that are renting their homes in Grant County. If you are having difficulty meeting your monthly rent payments, this program may be able to help.
Assistance is based on the following things:
  • Your gross monthly income from work, Social Security or SSI, self-employment, child support or other sources.
  • Any one may apply, but preference is given to elderly and/or disabled members of the household.
  • Assistance covers any house, mobile home or apartment in Grant County. The place you have chosen to live must meet basic Housing Quality Standards and be approved by the director of the program.
  • Program director works with landlords to make sure tenants are receiving safe and decent housing as well as assuring that monthly rent is being paid.
  • Program director works with Social Services and Interlakes Community Action to coordinate service to meet the needs of low-income individuals and families.
All it takes is some time to complete the application form that is available by calling Brookings County Housing office, 605-692-1670 ext 1. To contact RAM Housing, Aberdeen directly, call Rich Galbraith or Stacy Smith at 605-229-0180.

Applications are also available from the Social Services office located in the Grant County Courthouse on the first floor.

Created by:
©Copyright 2024